At least 30% of New Zealand knows exactly what this is about. The other 70% will find out eventually, and no-one is happy about it.
Here’s another recent OdESSA poster, assembled by Pip Wildman from stills from the music video I did for them last year.
…is that I find myself spending time on stuff like this, also to be seen soon on big posters around the country after some alterations -as you can imagine, the band ‘one million dollars’ aren’t too happy about being a bunch of shadows, but there’s eleven of them! So guess who has to spend his weekend drawing musos?
Are you guys ready for everything to change completely in the next few days? The entire year is going to be like that, I’m afraid.
The Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo is on in Wellington over the weekend of April 29th-30th. This will be the eighth time I’ve attended, because I’m very old and I have nothing better to do. I’m currently working to produce digitally remastered reprints of all the Brunswick books to date. Yes, that’s as pretentious as it sounds, but technically it’s true -they are digitally remastered. Anyway, I hope to see you there -come along and I will draw you something!
Incidentally, the only other reason to come is to meet the blond guy from the Dukes of Hazzard and the guy who does the voice of Squidworth from Spongebob Squarepants, so hah-hah!
And it’s Fitz’s 10th birthday on April 22nd.
Still no photographic backgrounds. Hope no-one’s noticed.
I’m just hoping the original magazine cover is famous enough for people to get the joke…
I’ve run out backgrounds, hence the plainness. Just got back from the centre of town, where I’ve been taking photos of deserted streets. It was depressing to see what a shithole Aro Valley is becoming -there’s been an explosion of graffiti, and it’s not the pretty, artistic kind. It’s the depressing, squalid kind that looks like mental illness on a wall.
Okay, back to the cafe for a second, but I think that’s the last Fidels shot. Finn has an older brother called Lysander. This is an incredibly convoluted literary joke referring to Evelyn Waugh’s Sword of Honour trilogy, so well done for spotting that there. I’m drawing Jitterati and then going out to photograph Central Wellington just as the sun comes up for reasons which will become clear in the next few days.
Time for a setting change. Aro Park. Plot plot plot. Glad to be out of that cafe? I met a friend there last week, and realised I’d been drawing Alex and Finn sitting way too high in their seats -about 30cm. Am I inclined to go back and fix it? Am I bollocks.